Following the InterContinental Hotel Group’s acquisition of a 51 per cent share of Regent Hotels and Resorts, The InterContinental Hong Kong will be rebranded as the Regent Hong Kong. IHG has an option to obtain the remaining 49 per cent share in 2026.

The hotel opened in 1980 and was originally called the Regent Hong Kong. It was rebranded as the InterContinental Hong Kong is 2001. An extensive renovation of the iconic property will commence in 2020. The name change will take place the following year.

“We are absolutely delighted that after the refurbishment, we will be opening our doors once again as The Regent Hong Kong, a flagship property for the Regent brand, returning the property back to its original roots,” says Goodwin Gaw, Chairman of Gaw Capital Partnership.